Enjoy festive holiday activities at the Alexander Falls Touring Centre (1st Entrance to Ski Callaghan): It's a natural winterwonderland up here, so come, roast marshmellows by the trailside bonfire, wander the forest by snowshoe & play a game of Callaghan Country's nature bingo, participate in some natural crafting and Christmas decor, and of course get your photo with Santa!
From 11:30am-2:00pm, come get your picture taken with Santa at the Alexander Falls Touring Centre Warming Hut (family dog welcome!). Photos with Santa will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Photo Proceeds will go to the Howe Sound Secondary Outdoor Leadership Program. Also, if you come dressed up as Santa ( Hat, Jacket & Pants), you'll get FREE Admission for the day. Come one, Come All! Invite your friends and feel free to call 604.964.0058 for more information.
To celebrate the holiday season with a special flavour of mountain love, Callaghan Country has prepared twelve one-day-only specials at Journeyman Lodge for the twelve days of Christmas leading up to December 24th. We are so pleased to unveil our one-of-a-kind countdown to Christmas...
Yes, it’s hot here on the west coast, aaaand Christmas may be the last thing on your mind this BC day long weekend. But while there’s still a good selection of availability on our Lodge calendar and, likely, your family’s holiday schedules, here’s a few good reasons to plan ahead and consider including Journeyman Lodge in your Christmas festivities this season…
1. It’s the perfect Winter Wonderland backdrop. Picture this: After a satisfying ski into a remote mountain wilderness…a crackling fire in the background as you enjoy your family’s company over appies in our lounge area…you look out into the moonlit mountains of the secluded Solitude Valley, surrounding Journeyman Lodge - it’s pretty much a christmas card come to life!
2. Get cozy and enjoy quality family time free from the craziness of shopping frenzies and technological distractions. The luxury of any backcountry experience is that it is a true escape from our everyday lives. The ‘un-plugged” aspect of Journeyman lodge lends itself to genuine human interaction etching memories of character and warmth.
3. Cut your contributions to consumer culture and gift this authentic experience instead of stuff. This is a gift you can really feel good about giving; the receiving ain’t so bad either!
4. You pay in advance. This eases the usual cash flow crunch experienced when the holidays arrive, plus once you’re here there’s no unexpected costs…our packages are all inclusive so you can enjoy the peace of mind knowing you’re not going to need to run any last minute errands.
5. Let our team work their charm. Now this one is a bit of a secret: with the holiday season kicking off our winter calendar, this is the Callaghan Country team’s favourite time to please. We love seeing our guests enjoy their families and truly connecting so we’re going to be striving extra hard to make the trip special for you!
Callaghan Country is currently running a RATE FREEZE PROMOTION offering a great pre-season discount on holiday reservations at Journeyman Lodge (seriously!) The best way to make your reservation is to take a look at our online reservation calendar, book now>>, or call us directly Monday thru Friday: 1.877.938.0616
The passionate staff at Callaghan Country that not only want you to enjoy the snow, but want you to love the history and the stories that make Callaghan Country so special. ENJOY OUR BLOG!