Enjoy festive holiday activities at the Alexander Falls Touring Centre (1st Entrance to Ski Callaghan): It's a natural winterwonderland up here, so come, roast marshmellows by the trailside bonfire, wander the forest by snowshoe & play a game of Callaghan Country's nature bingo, participate in some natural crafting and Christmas decor, and of course get your photo with Santa!
From 11:30am-2:00pm, come get your picture taken with Santa at the Alexander Falls Touring Centre Warming Hut (family dog welcome!). Photos with Santa will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Photo Proceeds will go to the Howe Sound Secondary Outdoor Leadership Program. Also, if you come dressed up as Santa ( Hat, Jacket & Pants), you'll get FREE Admission for the day. Come one, Come All! Invite your friends and feel free to call 604.964.0058 for more information.
Mark your calendars for Sunday, November 26th...
Join the Callaghan Country crew for our opening weekend. We’ll be kicking-off the 2017/18 ski season with some goofy fun and special praise for Ullr!
FREE admission for those dressed in viking attire!
Ullr (pronounced Oool-er) stems from Norse mythology, where he was revered as the god of winter. Like us, Ullr loves the cold and especially travelling over Northern forest terrain on skis. This dude deserves our respect, so we’re going to spirit our winter patronage with some festive viking attire and an annual snow-dance around the Callaghan Country Bonfire Cauldron. This is located at the 1st entrance to Ski Callaghan (left over the bridge 8.5km up Callaghan Valley Rd).
Festivities begin at 2pm. Please feel welcome to bring your hotdogs and or marshmallows for roasting.
2015 Huckleberry Festival: Our annual celebration of Mother Nature's autumn bounty in BC’s backcountry...
It's happening again! Even though the weather patterns have been challenging this Summer, we are excited to open the doors of Journeyman Lodge to all and host this unique family friendly event.
Escape to a setting where food is found among the paths we walk, experience mountain camaraderie and explore nature at its best. The festival celebrates the history of the huckleberry and this year we will take a closer look at the roles that foods from the forest play in the cultivation of local cultural and natural heritage.
Yes we will be serving FREE pancakes and entertaining the ever popular Pie-Topper contest, but there is so much more to the Huckleberry Festival. There will be nature talks, yoga, live music, children's nature art, interpretive hiking, tea tasting, and of course sauna-basking.
It's all happening Sunday, September 13th!
Don't forget it's a wee bit different getting to Journeyman Lodge in the summer…
Self-Drive and Hike:
Follow the Callaghan Lake Forest Service Road to Callaghan Lake. It is about 8.5km from the Alexander Falls base to Callaghan Lake on a rough road and it takes about 20 – 35 minutes. We recommend using a vehicle with good clearance (4WD preferred). The trail to the lodge begins about 250m before you reach the lake – look for the sign on your left. There is a small clearing just off the road – park here. From here, the hike is 4.5 km and will take between 1.5 – 2 hours depending on your ability and fitness level.
Yes, it’s hot here on the west coast, aaaand Christmas may be the last thing on your mind this BC day long weekend. But while there’s still a good selection of availability on our Lodge calendar and, likely, your family’s holiday schedules, here’s a few good reasons to plan ahead and consider including Journeyman Lodge in your Christmas festivities this season…
1. It’s the perfect Winter Wonderland backdrop. Picture this: After a satisfying ski into a remote mountain wilderness…a crackling fire in the background as you enjoy your family’s company over appies in our lounge area…you look out into the moonlit mountains of the secluded Solitude Valley, surrounding Journeyman Lodge - it’s pretty much a christmas card come to life!
2. Get cozy and enjoy quality family time free from the craziness of shopping frenzies and technological distractions. The luxury of any backcountry experience is that it is a true escape from our everyday lives. The ‘un-plugged” aspect of Journeyman lodge lends itself to genuine human interaction etching memories of character and warmth.
3. Cut your contributions to consumer culture and gift this authentic experience instead of stuff. This is a gift you can really feel good about giving; the receiving ain’t so bad either!
4. You pay in advance. This eases the usual cash flow crunch experienced when the holidays arrive, plus once you’re here there’s no unexpected costs…our packages are all inclusive so you can enjoy the peace of mind knowing you’re not going to need to run any last minute errands.
5. Let our team work their charm. Now this one is a bit of a secret: with the holiday season kicking off our winter calendar, this is the Callaghan Country team’s favourite time to please. We love seeing our guests enjoy their families and truly connecting so we’re going to be striving extra hard to make the trip special for you!
Callaghan Country is currently running a RATE FREEZE PROMOTION offering a great pre-season discount on holiday reservations at Journeyman Lodge (seriously!) The best way to make your reservation is to take a look at our online reservation calendar, book now>>, or call us directly Monday thru Friday: 1.877.938.0616
The passionate staff at Callaghan Country that not only want you to enjoy the snow, but want you to love the history and the stories that make Callaghan Country so special. ENJOY OUR BLOG!